This Murphy Bed kit requires a “Bunkie” board to support the mattress (not included). The “Bunkie” board can be a piece of 3/4″ plywood, or you can purchase a 2″ foundation “bunkie” from a mattress store.
Lift & Stor Beds is proud to sell the Murphy Bed ™ system. This is a versatile bed frame that can be used with all sizes – King, Queen, double and single beds will all work. The Murphy Bed Hardware Kit comes with completely folding legs that can hold up to many types of frames whether they be wood or aluminium and also can handle either residential or commercial specifications (as in a firehouse or other facility where these type of beds might be required.
Regardless of the size bed you have, every DIY Murphy Bed Kit comes complete with the easy lift mechanism. This allows for anyone – not just a bodybuilder to lift up the bed. Grandma coming to visit? No fuss – she can lift up and set up her own bed. OK that may not be very polite, but it is physically possible! The spring balance lift mechanism makes it a very popular choice.
The Murphy Bed mechanism has been around since the early twentieth century when people had time to invent things since there was no television or internet. Someone came up with this brilliant design and voila – the Murphy bed was born.
The Murphy bed system is proven to last years with no problems, and is very durable, made from high quality steel and powder coated with a finish that is very scratch resistant.
Made from extremely strong piano wire, the counter balance extension springs are unbelievably strong and can be increased or decreased depending on how heavy a mattress you use. You will be given the springs you need so it is up to you how you want the strings set. The mattress is always held in position with nylon.
You can either assemble the Murphy bed to the floor or directly mount it to the wall at the baseboard, leaving your wood floor or carpeting completely untouched, which is an excellent added bonus.
As another safety feature, the legs on the bed come out and automatically lock into place when the bed is being used and will store when the bed is raised. Additionally the legs have rubber feet to protect your floors.
Lift & Stor Beds as always is committed to providing high quality, long lasting products to our loyal customers.
- SIZES: Twin, Double/Full, Queen.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – worry free, we know you do not want the hassle of having to pay for repairs on a product that should last. Don’t worry. With Storage Beds, it is in our hands and you are covered.
- AUTOMATICALLY EXTENDING AND RETRACTING LEGS – Your guests will not have their bed collapse to the floor while they are sleeping! Never fear. With these beds, the legs go down when the bed is in use and pull up when the bed is being put away.
- WALL MOUNTED – Don’t ruin another hard wood floor! Don’t cut into that nice carpet. This bed can be mounted right onto the baseboard so your floors are 100% intact!
- STEEL CONSTRUCTION – We don’t mess around. This stuff is built to last!
- ADJUSTABLE SPRINGS – Increase or reduce the springs depending on how heavy the mattress is.
- EASY ASSEMBLY – The bed comes with pre-positioned holes for the screws so you can just easily set it up. The mattress is fitted onto the base and secured with the nylon web strap.